Salty {07/18}

I woke up around 6 that morning (curse you time change) and then had no reason not to exercise. So, I went to the club gym--it was a nice place considering that as you were running in the treadmill you were looking out into the ocean. It was a sight to see! Upon arriving back at the condo I decided that I wanted breakfast--I went to my go to stuff, Cheerios. I ate Cheerios in Hawaii!!! Ahhh, two of my now favorite things mashed together to make perfection! It was wonderful! We went to the beach that morning and tried our hand at boogie boarding. First off, holy wow! The water was actually warm!! How is this possible?! I was hesitant to get in the water because I thought it would be freezing! Well, jokes on me! And second off, that water is saltyyyy-which is not a good combo with contacts. I've been in the ocean before (thanks the the PNW) and have tasted how salty it really is, but I could only stay in the water for a good five minutes because I'm pretty sure if I had stayed in any longer I would have gotten hypothermia. Anyway, I had some knarley biffs that loaded my mouth with sand and that nasty salt water but to be completely honest, I think I should go pro--I mean, I was pretty good at it. Eventually we got kind of bored riding the waves (3 hours later) so we decided to just float out on them--it was nice, and extremely relaxing. My mom finally pulled us away from the beach because sun burns were beggining to show themselves, so we instead went to the farmers market to buy some fruit. We got Starfruit, Papaya, Mangos, mini bananas, and a fresh coconut! (One lady tried to sell us her entire stand it seemed like) we managed to get what we needed and split. That night we went back to the pool and just had some quiet time, which was nice and much needed! We then went exploring, and we found a secret beach that had the best boogie board waves ever! We plan to hit it up soon, but it was absolutely stunning! 
And here's the natural Ashley...




No comments