Wait....this isn't Canada! {07/17}

We were packed. And completely ready to go-and we were excited. We had put everything in the van the night before, making for a quick departure. Our initial plan was to stop at our grandma and grandpa Pedigo's house and grab the trailer. From there we would continue our journey all the way to Penticton B.C. where we spend most of our childhood vacations.
We woke up at 4:30, and all got dressed and in the car. My mom said she needed to go give the mail key to Emy, so we drove over there. She came to the window and my mom told her to get in. My first thought was she was either sick and needed a ride to the doctor, or we were taking her up to Olympia on our way to Seattle. But next thing I know, a bright light (thanks to the iPhone camera) and loud music come into focus. My mom hands Lexie and I some paper, and I read San Diego! I was stoked!! But upon further inspection I found that San Diego was the layover, WE WERE GOING TO HAWAII!!!! Never before have I screamed so loud because of pure joy! I never thought this day would come. We arrived at the airport and I still couldn't believe what had just happened! 
The plane rides were extremely long--especially when you know your destination is Kauai! We endured 8 hours of plane rides and even had lunch on the plane. I finished a book, slept, and even caught up on all my journal writing. It was kinda nice. 
Upon arrival everyone on the plane clapped and cheered (I was convinced this was a dream!) and we got off the plane and began our adventure in Lihue, Kauai! And the first thing we did---Costco. We went to Costco. After buying more than enough food for the entire week we checked into our condo--which is absolutely spectacularly breathtaking only because of the view. Our patio, or whatever it's called, looks out over the 6th hole of the resort golf course AND has a perfect view of the ocean! I died! I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that this was real life! We just hung out in the pool that night-but we sure had a lot of fun! 

No comments