So Many Acronyms... {8/30/2014}

BYU, MARB, WSC, JKB, HBLL, ASB....the list goes on and on. Acronyms are going to be the death of me. BYU is a place centered around these wonderful capitol letters that still make little to no sense to me. Good thing there was NSO  (that's new student orientation for all you newbies) this week...

TUESDAY: This was the hardest and longest day of the week for me. I woke up really early, which only made the day feel that much longer. I was excited and sad to leave--excited to go off and become the person I want to be, and sad because that meant leaving my family for a year. I'm not much of a crier, never have been, but when my mom came downstairs with tears in her eyes I lost it. I guess that's what happens when you leave the people you love the most. Every year before we start school my dad gives us a father's blessing. He sat me down and laid his hands on my head and gave me the blessing. How grateful I am to have a father who is a worthy priesthood holder, and a family who I can call my best friend. When they dropped me off at the airport my tear-ducts were fairly dry and I was off. The plane flight wasn't anything magical--and upon arrival I was greeted by lovely aunt and cousins. We had the opportunity to visit the Ogden temple and go through the open house. As I was there I kept replaying the primary song I love so dearly in my head, "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday.." The temple is such a beautiful place and I look forward to the day when I will be able to go through and make covenants with my Heavenly Father.

WEDNESDAY: Move in day!!!! I never realized how much "stuff" I actually had until we packed it all into my Aunt Kate's van. HOLY COW! We crammed everything into my dorm room and to be 100% honest, I am surprised it all actually fit. The funny thing is, my aunt Kate and I are both shopping haters, which means that we were both completely done with shopping by the time we were only half way done, we plan to finish everything up next Monday. I spent a total of about $300, which did almost make me cry on the spot. Totally kidding, but wow, I was shocked. Completely shocked. I am still shocked and contemplating if I still need the drawers that were $12.99 a piece...The college life.


THURSDAY-FRIDAY: We had NSO both these days. It was more fun than helpful and I enjoyed it. We had the opportunity to listen to some awesome speakers, meet people, and get pumped for this new year. I had always laughed when I heard the relationship between college students and free food. I told myself that I wouldn't be lured into that relationship. Unfortunately, this relationship is one you gotta keep strong as you are in college. I didn't show up for all the NSO stuff (because I had a job interview and other things), but I made sure to be there for the free meals--which included ice cream from the creamery, which was so deadly that I convinced myself I could never buy it or else the freshman 15 would become real. Overall, I love BYU and the people here. It is a totally different culture. I'm sure I will get used to it throughout the days! Oh, and BYU won their first football game.
BYU class of 2018 
2014 freshman flavor of the year: raspberry lemonade 

No comments