Admitted



Here comes the newest chapter of my life. On February 25th at 9:00 pm I would receive the best news yet. I quickly jumped onto my computer after having read that a friend had also been admitted. I opened my application and to my delight I saw the word "Admitted" followed by a letter which read,

"Dear Ashley:

Congratulations! You have been admitted to Brigham Young University to begin Fall 2014. Through your preparation and personal achievements you have distinguished yourself from a very strong group of applicants. We believe you will make a positive contribution to our BYU community. It is a great pleasure to welcome you to our campus to pursue your educational goals.

To secure your admission, it is essential for you to read the additional information located at the link below and follow the instructions in question no. 1. This will also provide you with important information regarding scholarships, housing, financial aid, your participation in Freshman Mentoring, etc.

Best wishes as you finish this school year. We trust you to continue to excel in the classroom and to maintain the standards outlined in the University Honor Code. We look forward to having you as a member of our student body.

Warmest regards,

R. Kirk Strong
Director of Admission Services


I jumped for joy and even sang some songs. My mom was at a Women's Conference, and I quickly texted her the news, within minutes I had the news on Instagram, Facebook, AND twitter--massive group texts were sent out to almost everyone in my contacts....My dream had come true!
I am beyond excited to be able to start this next chapter of my life, and to meet new people! 

No comments