The loss of a friend


On July 2nd, 2013, Tuesday...I got the news, it was only after my golf tournament that I heard that my friend Kaitlin Miller had passed away. Even two weeks later this hasn't been able to fully set in. I still have our text messages and I'm waiting for her to call me and ask when we are going to lunch. Just that last Saturday we were hanging out, we made a quote/picture wall for her room because she saw mine and wanted one just like it. We spent that Saturday writing down our favorite quotes and printing off bunches of pictures for that wall. She didn't have quite enough to fill her wall but she definitely had a good start. She turned to me before I left and said, "we'll I'll just have to finish it with all my summer memories." It breaks my heart to know that wall will never be finished. To me Kaitlin was more than a friend, she was a role model. She always drove me to look my best and act my best. We shared our secrets, our goals, and even sometimes our homework! In ASL we did every single song together for our quarter finals! She was someone who could walk into a room and make everyone smile because her smile was absolutely contagious. Her crazy obsession with Adam Levine was one of our very favorite topics! Kaitlin was one who was not quick to judge and she loved everyone-no matter their background! She was a girl who believed in second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and even seventh chances. If you look at the people who got to know her, there was a very wide range, from the most popular kids to the people nobody would want to talk to, this girl would make them feel like they were worth something! Not only that, but Kaitlin was a very talented person, she had a great voice, and rarely sang around people but when we would jam out to music in the car it was apparent that her voice was the only one on key. She had a talent for baking, her cupcakes looked divine and I always told her that when she grew up she needed to open a bakery and name it "Kaitlin's kupcakes". Not only did she have a love for baking, but she and I shared a love for McDonald's, we would talk about the amazing food that we could buy there for only a dollar! For high school kids that's a pretty big deal ;) I am so glad that Kaitlin was able to come into my life and become someone who I would come to call a close friend, I miss you so much already...it's goodbye for now, but I know I will see you again someday. 

No comments